Thursday, November 3, 2016

New gun and potential holster questions


I'm looking to get my first handgun for concealed carry. So far I've fired about 15 rental guns (maybe around 500rds among all of them). I've also been to a local gun show where I handled at least 50 more, so I have a fairly good idea of what I'm looking for. However, I'm having trouble finding something that I like, and I'm hoping to get some recommendations.Here are my requirements:-Full steel/alloy frame. I've tried mostly polymer framed guns and none of them felt right. Among the polymer guns that I tried, the Walther CCP felt the best, but I hate that you need a tool for disassembly. 1911s are also out. The ones I tried at the range felt amazing in hand, but had more issues than all the other guns put together.-Double stack magazine. I like the ammo capacity, I don't want to carry a spare magazine, and I don't feel that the added thickness bothers me that much. I'm in TX so mild printing is OK as far as I know. I would also like the overall width to be <1.42in (Beretta PX4 feels like I'm holding a chipotle burrito).-9mm. I don't know that I need to explain this one.-Manual safety. This seems to be a controversial choice in this subreddit. I am under no illusion that a manual safety makes the gun more safe, but I strongly prefer the lighter trigger pull and the added security during reholstering. I will work to train around it.-Hammer fired. Something bothers me about striker fired. I don't know what it is. I guess it's personal preference, but if there is a striker fired gun that fits what I'm looking for, I wouldn't be totally adverse to it.-General dimensions: L: ~7 in H: <5.1 in (nothing below 4.1in) W: <1.42 in Basically something along the lines of a CZ Compact. It's pretty much the largest handgun that I think I could conceal decently. Some handguns that I'm already considering: Lionheart/Daewoo LH9N, Tristar (P/T/C)100, Compact CZ models, Arex Rex Zero 1S Compact (not available in US yet).Also, a quick holster question for anyone with a Tristar T100. I'm looking for a hybrid IWB option if I decide to get a Tristar. Do any of the Aliengear cloak tuck holsters for the Baby Eagle/Jericho 941FS fit the Tristar? I contacted Aliengear, but the answer they gave was basically "kinda, but not really". They mentioned that the barrel length was .15 inch longer which I'm convinced does not make a difference.TL;DR: looking for CCW that is full steel/aluminum framed, w/ manual safety, hammer fired, double stack, 9mm. Also, a holster question above.I know this is a long and fairly picky post, but thanks for reading. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2fz2hU1

No comments:

Post a Comment