Thursday, November 3, 2016

Hypothetical scenario, what would you do?


I'm currently waiting for my concealed carry permit to arrive. As a responsible person, I'm trying to come up with different scenarios in my head in which I would have to defend myself, and mentally prepare how I would react (to the extent that's possible).Here's a scenario where I'm not sure what I would do:Let's say you're walking in an empty parking lot (or other 'quiet' area). Nobody is around, no cameras anywhere. A suspicious person suddenly comes out of hiding with his hands in his pockets (no weapon visible) and says "Empty your pockets, give me all your money.". What do you do? Assume this person is standing only a few feet away from you.A. Immediately draw and shoot to kill.B. Draw but don't shoot, to see if you can scare him off without lethal force.C. Turn around and run away as fast as you can.D. Something else? Explain why.Follow up question for people who pick A: What if it turns out you shoot and kill, and the person didn't have a weapon on him, and there are no cameras or witnesses? Would the police believe you on your word that you were being robbed? Would you get charged with murder? I don't want to have to keep such questions in mind when I'm in fear of my life ("better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"), but I'm also realistic and know that you can ruin your life if you make the wrong decision and get charged.Thanks in advance for any insights! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2erxaHe

No comments:

Post a Comment