Wednesday, April 1, 2020

/r/CCW Reaches 100,000 subscribers!!!


Hi Everyone,Congratulations on making this community what it is, having 100k subscribers is very impressive. I'm proud to be apart of this sub and proud to have the moderators that we currently have. They put a lot of effort in this sub without anything in return.Just for some background information, this sub was created because I got my CCW permit and I was looking for more information on holsters, carrying styles, and the basics. Because of the lack of information, I was actually carrying a full size Springfield, SOB, with a crappy belt (I know, I know, the thing flopped around so much). It was difficult to pull the information I wanted out of /r/guns and I noticed there were no CCW subreddits. I created /r/CCW at that moment in the hope to help those in a similar situation. That has been the core purpose of this sub ever since. This sub should be a resource to those interested in carrying a concealed weapon. We try to stay away from the politics of guns, political views, or circle jerking as it does not help ones knowledge of carrying a weapon. There are plenty of other subreddits for that. We try to encourage thoughtful, quality comments/posts and encourage every viewpoint to gut check our thoughts.This sub has always been a community driven website, all rules and actions we take are suggested and approved by the community. Moderators only enforce the rules. We as moderators, are far from gods of carrying (well maybe /u/southernbenz is) and we know the knowledge of carrying exists in the community, so the community should drive this subreddit. So if there is anything you want to see changed in this subreddit, throw it in Freedom Friday or create a post. We will gauge the users reactions and put a formal proposal out to the community to verify it's wanted by the community and abides by our core purpose.If you are still with me, again I want to say thanks to our moderators for spending countless hours enforcing the rules and I want to say thank you to all the community members for providing awesome information to those in need. We have seen some great information provided which helps the community as a whole carry better. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xc202C

No comments:

Post a Comment