Sunday, April 26, 2020

Weak, easily-injured man wants to stay healthy and have good posture for daily life and self-defense: app or programme recommendation?

Hi. I'm middle-aged. I've always had bad physical condition, since I was a child. Perpetually skinny-fat, bad posture, etc. Every time I tried to work out, I got injured and hurt so frequently, had to tap out and rest so often, that I never felt like I made any progress. Also, repetitive exercises bore me intensely, I am utterly non-competitive, and have a depressive tendency to take failure personally while dismissing success as a fluke.

But recently I was in a situation where I was at the mercy of a younger man, an American Football player, hard and tough and energetic. Even a friendly tap from him could leave me bruised. And I thought I could talk my way out of anything (I'm very much a "my wallet is not worth my life, here you go" kind of guy), but I didn't count on dealing with genuine psychotic people with whom negociation doesn't work, or with people for whom hurting you is not a means to an end, but the end goal itself. Running away or asking for help were not an option. I was helpless.

I don't want to be helpless again. Not like that.

So, what do I do, sustainably and methodically, to make myself stronger, and capable of protecting myself, against someone who wishes me harm, and cannot be placated, escaped, or intimidated?



Submitted April 25, 2020 at 11:17AM by ConsumerHardWork https://ift.tt/2VGMrtz

No comments:

Post a Comment