Monday, April 27, 2020

Vedder Lighttuck W/ Claw. EDC and running setup. Impressions.


I’ve had a gun and pistol permit for a number of years, just recently decided to get a proper holster and carry more regularly. Here’s a photo gallery of my shield 40. In all the pics where I’m concealed carrying, the gun is at 8-8:30 (southpaw) and I’m wearing a tank top and shorts. I’ve got a coronavirus paunch going, also.https://ift.tt/2yKMKue, the Vedder is awesome. As somebody who previously carried in a shitty Sticky holster, this thing is the real deal. The sticky was very visible under my shirt, moved around a lot, and I was scared to death of it going kaboom in my pants. The Vedder keeps the firearm very concealed, it’s low profile, and the retention is awesome.My running set up: I have never run with a firearm before, but I decided to give it a go. I researched this sub and various forums, and the recommendations were all over the place. Belly bands, chest rigs, Hill people gear, Fanny packs. I couldn’t decide if any of this was necessary or just tacticool. I saw a few people suggest to just wear your regular ccw setup and pull your shorts over that.So, that’s what I have done. I got my hanks belt, put it one notch tighter, put the holster at 8-8:30, pulled my shorts over it, and just went running. So far I’ve put about 30 miles in with this setup, and it’s honestly pretty damn good. The reasons I like it:1) I live in coastal Alabama and it gets hot as hell here. A belly band looks hot as f*ck. The belt/holster is relatively small on body (1.5”) so minimal sweating.2) the firearm is on-body and covered by kydex. These belly bands and fanny packs with their soft holsters just don’t look secure. We’ve got awful sidewalks here due to massive rainfall and centuries-old live oaks. I had a bad spill the other day (think full scorpion) on an uneven patch of sidewalk. The holster did not move an inch and the firearm was secure in the holster when I got back up. I would not trust a soft holster, especially a chest pack, to not ND if I fell directly onto it.3) I know the setup works because it’s what I use for EDC. There’s no bounce or movement and I am confident the firearm is secured in place.4)it’s very well concealed. Check the photos. The first couple days I was a little paranoid that everybody could tell I was carrying, but after several runs, I’m convinced that is not the case.So, to come full circle, is there any tangible benefit to these other running setups? My Hank’s and Lighttuck seem to do pretty well. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xWlrgC

No comments:

Post a Comment