Thursday, April 30, 2020

Should I carry my Glock 45 or go for the 43x? (Plus solicitation for new gun owner advice.)


New gun owner here. I purchased a Glock 45 in early March before the lockdowns really took force. Since then I've put about 700 rounds through it on private land, taken online training, and I'm currently 16 days into waiting for my concealed handgun permit (shall-issue state). Since the online training was kind of trivial and lacks practical application I also signed up for an in person defensive handgun course scheduled for July once the range opens back up. I decided to apply for the CHP on a "just in case I need to leave the house with it" basis, but the more I read the more I feel like carrying daily is prudent.I purchased a Bravo Concealment IWB holster and have tried it on around the house. The grip on the 45 is so big that it seems impossible to conceal on me. I'm 5'10" and 190lbs with the dad belly. 4 o'clock seems most promising, but still difficult. I also tend to wear slimmer button up shirts at work; that feels like it's working against me, and baggy t-shirts are just not an option. I know a significant amount of this is psychological and that it probably conceals better than I think.My questions are...As a new gun owner, should I just stick with the 45 until I can put it on target in all situations? Or is the smaller sub-compact profile worth it in general and should I be shooting both?With an oval-shaped dad bod who has to look nice at work how do you recommend I carry?What training and resources do you most recommend so that I am most safe and effective?Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KM3VON

No comments:

Post a Comment