Friday, April 24, 2020

Questions about CCW permits


Hello all,I live in Kansas, one of the 16 states that has constitutional carry/permitless concealed carry. However, because I do like travelling and I work at a university, I am planning to still get my CCW permit. I am comparing my options (Kansas resident permit or Virginia nonresident permit), and it looks like the only differences are that the VA nonresident permit can be gotten online without having to take a class (Only a consideration because we're in the pandemic right now and I have taken a private security handgun course and know I have the proper training to safely carry and use a handgun, the course does not, however, satisfy the Kansas CCW requirements as far as I know), while the Kansas permit is honored in a few more states than the VA permit (CO, DE, FL, MI, MN, PN, SC, and WA). However, there are no states that you cannot carry with a KS permit that you can carry with a VA permit. Is it worth it to get the VA permit during the quarantine (I still intend to get the KS permit after the quarantine), or should I just carry constitutionally during the quarantine and get the KS permit after?​Edit for extra information: The most common state I travel to is Missouri, another constitutional carry state. My concerns for getting the permit are for travelling on vacations, driving near schools, and carrying at my university (not a requirement to carry at the university, but makes it a little less frowned on if I have the permit). via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3bALvfB

No comments:

Post a Comment