Friday, May 19, 2017

[Scenario]Turkish security detail attack on protestors


Some of you may have read about or watched the video of the recent incident between a group of protestors and Turkish president Erdogan's security detail (for those that have not, there is an video within the article here: http://ift.tt/2rwye0Y).I've been mulling this over since I heard about the incident. I wanted to get some opinions on what responsible CPL/self-defense response (if any) would look like here, disregarding any political opinions you may have toward Erdogan/Turkey. I currently have a half-formed opinion on this, but I am not confident that I have fully explored the full option spectrum & legal ramifications, so I will decline to state it until I hear what some of you have to say.The complicating matters are:1) The attackers are obviously foreign diplomats on official business.2) The force presented does not, in all states, explicitly constitute deadly force. I know some states claim that being kicked while down with a shod foot constitutes the use of deadly force (and allows you to respond in kind), but I know my state (WA) does not make this explicit.3) Police officers were already present, although it appears as if they were expecting trouble from the OTHER direction (i.e. from the protesters).Orthogonal: I'm not entirely sure if this is the best place to ask this question or if I've tagged it appropriately. Mods - if this needs to be moved/deleted/edited, please don't hesitate to let me know. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2qxV224

No comments:

Post a Comment