Saturday, May 27, 2017

Considering trading a Glock 26 for a Glock 19


TL:DR: Talk me into (or out of) trading my Glock 26 for a Glock 19.I'm revamping my carry setup (ordering new holsters) and considering trading my 26 for a 19. I'm hoping to get some input from those with experience with both. In addition to the Glock 26, I also have a Kahr CW9 (soon to be traded for another single stack 9mm - probably a Shield), a Ruger LCP and a Glock 17 I use as a HD/nightstand gun.The issue is that I think the Glock 26 seems to have become sort of a "tweener" now, with the availability of 9mm single stacks on the market. After (over) analyzing this for a while, I'm leaning toward making a trade based on the following:I don't find the G26 particularly easy to carry with a normal wardrobe, even AIWB. I'm 6'2, 200 lbs without much of a gut and a longish waist. The G26 muzzle seems to dig directly into my pelvic area when sitting at the AIWB position, if I hike my pants up. The G19 doesn't seem significantly more difficult to carry than the G26, and may actually be more comfortable AIWB with the muzzle leverage point sitting slightly lower (if that makes sense).The size/capacity trade off when comparing each Glock to the Shield seems to favor the Glock 19.The G19 can carry a light.As a bonus, I'd like to try some competition shooting, and having the G19 set up for HD/carry would free me up to modify the G17 for competitions. Also, I'm considering taking some training classes this Summer, and the G19 is obviously better suited for these.I'd appreciate thoughts/input, Thanks via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2qquHQY

No comments:

Post a Comment