Monday, May 29, 2017

I'm thinking of replacing my M&P9 Shield. Got any recommendations on a good replacement? More details inside.


So a while back I decided to get a S&W M&P9 Shield, as I saw it was a very popular handgun for concealed carry purposes. Unfortunately, it seems I have a rather difficult time controlling it. I went to the shooting range with my father, and with his handgun (Sig Sauer P320, I think it was a compact version), I was able to keep my shots pretty consistent, typically within a 6" radius at 15 yards. With my own...well, it was more like a 30" radius at 15 yards. It is not even that I am hitting high, low, or any particular direction. I am just hitting all over.I know it isn't the gun, as my father was able to do a bit better than I could with it, but I do recognize that if I can't hit with it, there is no sense in carrying (besides trying to scare a potential attacker). I think it is a difference in the recoil, but honestly I don't feel a difference between them.Anyway, what are your thoughts? Do you have any recommendations on a gun that I might be able to control a little more easily, but still could conceal easily enough? It doesn't have to be the smallest gun in the world, as I am a somewhat tall person, but small enough to be an effective carry option. And hopefully, this isn't something too expensive, though I don't have a set budget in mind.Sorry if I should have searched on this first. With the Shield being pretty popular, I didn't know if it would help too much to search.And thanks in advance! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2qALGz9

No comments:

Post a Comment