Thursday, May 25, 2017

Switchblades in Kentucky, and reciprocity to Indiana?


So, here's a weird one...I -know- I'm covered under reciprocity for my Indiana LTCH (which covers both open and closed carry in Indiana, since the law is silent on open vs concealed). Kentucky will honour it as a concealed carry permit.Here's the real question mark... What about my switchblade?Indiana lifted the ban on switchblades several years back. They're legal here, open or concealed (source: www.knifeup.com).In Kentucky, they're legal open, but only two kinds of knife are legal to be concealed: regular pocket knives, and hunting knives. Both are ill-defined.HOWEVER... Kentucky's CCW is a CCDW permit, and switchblades are considered a deadly weapon.So... Under reciprocity, am I granted the right to conceal my switchblade as well under Kentucky's CCDW stance for their permits plus reciprocity? I mean, Indiana doesnt actually give a damn one way or another, so it's really in whether Kentucky honours other jurisdictions' permits as Kentucky permits for all deadly weapons, or as the original jurisdiction's permit as handgun-only.I'm planning on calling the Jefferson County Sherriff's Department tomorrow, as the County Attorney referred me to that department's CCW section. Just thought maybe somene's already figured this out. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2qhH8me

No comments:

Post a Comment