Monday, May 29, 2017

9mm or .40 cal recommendations?


Hi everyone, sorry if I fail to describe what I'm looking for as I'm not good with the terminology I've seen here lately. I'm a college student who is 21 years old and am looking for a good handgun to carry with me. I've handled guns all my life but I know nearly nothing about handguns to conceal-carry. I'm looking for a gun that is going to have good stopping power without going overboard, and from my understanding, that is typically a 9mm or a .40 cal handgun (I'm leaning more 9mm because the ammo is cheaper), but if you guys think otherwise let me know.As for body, I obviously want a gun that I can conceal, but I'm wanting it to be decently sized, as I've handled a few sub-compacts that are incredibly uncomfortable for me to shoot simply because I felt like I was handling a toy. * I WILL be going to a shooting range to try different guns before I purchase.I am looking to spend between $500-$800, but I'm only willing to spend the extra money if it will truly be worth it in the long run, as I plan to have any gun I own last a lifetime if taken care of properly.TLDR: I'm looking for a good 9mm to .40 cal handgun that is reliable, not too small, and that I can conceal-carry as a 21 year old male who is familiar with handling guns. I'd appreciate any recommendations this sub-reddit has to offer! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2rdMhZu

No comments:

Post a Comment