Sunday, May 28, 2017

Can I posses a handgun in church, with elder permission, for security detail if I'm 20?


I expect downvotes and ridicule but I really need help on finding resources and law on the subject.My congregation has experianced a lot of growth in the past few years and as a result, they would like to start upping our security. A few weeks ago there was a gentleman who interupted the service being agressive with the preacher and members. Luckily, nobody got hurt and the police where able to take care of the situation but before he left, he said, "Before this is over, you will ALL know who I am". Needless to say, the congregation is calling for more secuirty detail and as a result, the elders have asked me to participate. Several of the men on security already carry but they have permits and are 40+.As many of you all know, security that isnt armed is just another target. My question is can I legally carry a handgun without a permit in the church with the permission of the elders for the protection of my congregation and can you provide resources to confirm that?Background about me. I am 20 years old and will be turning 21 in 5 months. I know exactly what I am doing with a handgun and am really proficient with it. I know how to conceal and keep it from printing. I shoot three gun competitions and have developed really good trigger dicipline and adrenaline managment. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2saAmuS

No comments:

Post a Comment