Monday, May 22, 2017

How many of you practice shoot/don't shoot drills? for those who do, what methods do you use to keep them fresh?


I took a class over the weekend that was fantastic in many ways but the most eye opening part for me was a part where we were made to move from cover to face photorealistic targets and make shoot/don't shoot decisions.My marksmanship was very good, my decision making not so much. The presence of a knife or a gun pointed at me, or seeing what appeared to be an assault in progress is not an automatic "shoot" scenario, and tunnel vision is very real.I have heard of this type of training and also more high tech versions of it, but I was surprised how under stress, even those photo targets managed to give me tunnel vision, and made me decide to try to do a lot more of that sort of training.The question is how. The class I took is not available very often, so I'd like to train this more than once a year. I can't exactly set up a surprise target for myself, and if I buy them myself I'll probably see the scenarios enough to make them not a surprise and therefore ineffective. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2q35EXS

No comments:

Post a Comment