Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Dear /r/ccw; I'm sorry I ever doubted you...


I've had an Alien Gear 3.0 for about 9-10 months now. I bought it when I bought my Shield and started the CCW application process out here in CA. I didn't wear it more than just around the house, getting used to wearing a gun, until my permit was issued about a month ago.All this talk of how StealthGear was superior; I didn't get it. My AlienGear was comfortable. It didn't bother me. It just felt like I was wearing a gun with a pad between me and the gun. How can another holster beat that?Well, my StealthGear IWB Mini just got here yesterday. I'm wearing it right now. And I can completely forget it's even there. I thought the AlienGear was great because it was comfortable; now I know the StealthGear is great because it feels like it's not even there. So instead of buying a $100 holster the first time, i bought a $50 holster, and a $100 holster, and spent 50% more than I would have if I just listened and did it right the first time.Not a total loss though; I'll still use the AG for my Glock 22 that I don't carry as often. I'll only wear that when it's cold enough to wear a jacket. Speaking of cold. It's supposed to be 90+ degrees here today, and I'm anxious to see how the Ventcore breathes. It's already cooler than the AG and its only 80 right now.TL;DR: Buy Once, Cry Once.Bonus Question: Does anyone use the QuickDraw holster lubricant? Does it really work to protect your holster long term? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2pUa5UF

No comments:

Post a Comment