Sunday, October 16, 2016

To Draw or Not to Draw?


Hi CCW,I am a new subscriber to this sub, and a new gun owner. I'd like to get your insight into whether having a gun will truly make a scenario such as an armed robbery safer.I live in Atlanta, and I recently purchased a firearm (Glock 19 Gen4) for home defense. The reason I decided on that gun is because I would have the option to use it as a CCW if I choose to go that route.I've been doing a lot of research and I have been thinking a lot whether carrying will truly be the safest option if the goal is personal defense. I have been wondering about how to handle a certain scenario and wanted some insight into what your judgement call would be:Let's say 2 men approach you without your knowledge and before you know it you have a gun to your head. They command that you give them all of your possessions, and the other man begins to empty your pockets and search you. What do you do if you run the risk of them discovering your concealed weapon?I understand there are many other variables that could change your answer, but I wanted to get your take on what to do.Thanks in advance.TL;DR: When getting robbed at gun point, and you risk having your weapon discovered, is it usually better to comply with the robbery, not draw to further escalate the situation, and hope you dont get shot? Or look for an opportunity to draw since your life is being threatened with deadly force. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dtpAeF

No comments:

Post a Comment