Sunday, October 16, 2016

Florida Resident: "Securely Encased" pistol in car without a license.


During my CCW class I learned that here in Florida I can have my gun in my car, without a license, as long as it is "securely encased".Reading FL Statute Title XLVI, Chapter 790, Paragraph 5 it says that a pistol can be "securely encased" (among other things); 790.001 Definitions - has (17) "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.I was talking to a friend about this and he mentioned that it had to be "securely encased" and the mag couldn't be loaded. I should be getting my license soon, but in the meantime I would like to have it with me in my car. Also, what exactly do they mean by snapped in a holster? Would I be able to have it outside the glove compartment as long as it is in a holster but not on me?Does anyone know more about this? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ejvcWm

No comments:

Post a Comment