Thursday, October 6, 2016

[Advice - Colorado carry laws] Traveling to CO, not sure if I'm reading law correctly..


So, I am traveling from NY to CO for about 1.5 weeks for a hunting trip. I know that Colorado doesn't acknowledge my permits (NY, UT, FL) as NY is a bunch of cunts, and they don't accept my permits since they're out of state.According to what i've read and this from handgunlaw.us:RV/Car Carry Without a Permit/License 18-12-204. Permit Contents - Validity - Carrying Requirements. (3) (a) a person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:(I) the handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense. Note: Also see Misc Section on what Co Considers a Loaded Long GunIt seems that I would be fine in taking my pistol with me as long as I carry it in my truck and don't conceal carry it. But CO is also and open carry state, I can't specify if you need to be a resident for open carry laws to apply. So can I keep my pistol 'cocealed' in my truck and then open carry while i'm there? I'm fine with leaving it in the truck once I'm there, but I just want to cover my bases.TL;DR: I'm going hunting in CO for 1.5 weeks. Can I take my pistol with me and leave in truck, and/or open carry? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dxRNQV

No comments:

Post a Comment