Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Obtaining carry permit with old misdemeanors


I was wondering if anyone has insight into obtaining a carry permit with past misdemeanor convictions, specifically in Indiana.When I was in my teens and early 20's I ran around with a rough crowd and racked up a few misdemeanor convictions. Specifically, possession of marijuana, vandalism (or maybe destruction of property, was a long time ago), and criminal conversion (shoplifting).All of these were a long time ago, ranging from 12-15 years ago and I have stayed on the proper side of the law since then, except for a couple speeding tickets. I've actually ran a criminal background check on myself and it came back clean since standard background checks only go back 10 years in IN. I did however list them on my application, along with the years that they happened to make sure I was on the up and up.I'm hoping that at worst it will delay my application, but if it is denied there is an appeal process in IN. If it does come to that I'm pretty confident that I will win the appeal as I haven't had a run in with the law in over 10 years, have a family, and have a good job working as an accountant.Like I said, if anyone has had a similar experience and could share what the process was like for them, I'd appreciate it.Also, just in case anyone was wondering why my account has no history, this is a throw away account for obvious reasons. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/28UaISF

No comments:

Post a Comment