Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Almost traded my G43 for a G26 today


I found a local Georgia / Atlanta forum post from a guy who wanted to trade his nearly new G26 for a G43. I had posted a while back about trying to carry a double stack, and I thought hey, the G26 gives me realistically the smallest step up to a double stack if I want to try it out. Luckily I was able to borrow a friend's G26 carry setup and shoot the 2 at the range today before making up my mind... I'll be staying with my G43. With the clothes I wear, the 26 does print on me IWB, otherwise I probably would have traded, and I could already see myself making excuses not to carry it as I was putting my friend's holster on. I love the versatility the G26 offers as a home defense gun, but in this age of such comfortable single stacks, its really hard for me to justify going from an invisible gun (on me) to one that prints (on me) to get 10+1 (what it would be carried with) vs 7+1 in my 43 for carry... It's crazy how small the numerical differences are between the 2, yet how drastically different they are to carry, for my body type at least. Don't get me wrong, the G26 is a great gun, certainly a more versatile carry weapon, just after a few months of shooting my G43, I shot it just as well if not better. In the end, I think I quelled my capacity / shootability woes at the range today and will be sticking with a single stack. A P938 is not out of the question however ;) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/294QTJv

No comments:

Post a Comment