Sunday, June 26, 2016

Handgun possession rules for non-residents in Illinois?


I'll be traveling through Illinois for work in a couple weeks. My travel itinerary looks like this:Florida > Illinois > Nevada > Illinois > FloridaAt each leg of the trip I'll be staying for around a week.I am a Florida resident and have a valid FL CWP. I want to bring my pistol with me to Nevada, and subsequently I'd have to bring it with me through Illinois.I know Illinois has pretty strict gun laws and don't have any expectation that I'll be able to carry a weapon there. My question is related to the laws concerning possession of a weapon. My intent is to pack my unloaded Glock 19 in a locked pelican travel case and leave it locked inside for the entirety of the time I'm in IL (except perhaps for when I'm in my hotel room, assuming that's legal).I've reviewed some legal information online, and it appears that anyone legally permitted to possess a firearm in their home state can do so in IL without needing to have a FOID card.First question: assuming my firearm is unloaded and in a locked case at all times I'm in IL, am I OK legally speaking?Second question: assuming answer to question # 1 is yes, am I permitted to possess a loaded pistol in my hotel room? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/28WDHXR

No comments:

Post a Comment