Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Things got put into perspective today...


Today put some things into perspective for me. My coworker Andrew was working in the back when he heard the back door rattle. Someone was trying to open the door. He got our attention and we listened at the door for a minute, someone was deffanatly at the door, aggressively muttering and coughing... and they wernt leaving...Rod, our salesman, and I snuck out the side door and peaked around back (there was a chain link fence, otherwise we wouldn't have gone out) there was a large, raggedy man standing at the door taking hit after hit from a meth pipe... we went back inside and called 911 immediately. The cops came and we could hear them confront him (he had still been trying to open the door)...What gets me... is that I was the last person through that door. Not but maybe 1½ earlier for lunch... if it wasn't habit for me to lock the door, a large meth-addict would have been in our office before anyone could do anything about it...I am very glad that I locked the door as I do every day, I am very glad that PD responded as quick as they did, I am very glad that nobody got hurt, I am glad that my boss is a Black-belt and that I know some basic Krav Maga. But most importantly, I am very glad that I had my CCW on my side, BUT didn't have to use it...Every day that everyone walks away alive is a good day, but I'm not going to let people like this guy decide that for me. Self defence is so important, and today was a great remember of that.Stay safe everyone. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/296F7BS

No comments:

Post a Comment