Thursday, June 23, 2016

Question about carrying while camping in Ohio


Hello all,I have a question that I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on. I have my CHL for Ohio, and Ohio is a constitutional open carry state as well. Another thing to keep in mind about this question is that in Ohio, you can't have any booze at all while carrying.My question is, let's say I'm camping at a campground (not a state park) and I'd like to have my gun on me. Then let's say comes a point where I decide I'd like to have a beer. If I were at home, I could take my gun, put it back in the house, and have my beer. No problem. If I'm camping, what would be the proper way to handle this? Could I put the gun in the tent, have a beer outside, and everything would be swell, or put it back in my pack? Would I have to unload it? Would the gun being in my pack count as it being concealed? What else would I have to keep in mind?Another question, this park is open to hunting, just have to be 500 feet away from the sites and buildings. If somehow I was found with my gun out and about in the park, could it ever be possible that I could get charged with poaching, with having a handgun in a hunting area at all? I haven't hunted in a while, and I'm not sure how that would be.If anyone has any more tips for either concealed or open carrying while camping, or transporting a firearm in a backpack, I'd appreciate any additional tips. I've only been carrying for a few months. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/28TuPUM

No comments:

Post a Comment