Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Shower thoughts on carry necessities.


TL;DR: I was thinking about how much I like my holster and belt.I was recently thinking about what I would consider my top CCW necessities and thought I'd share with the void. I've been carrying for a few years now, and have learned a couple things in the process about having the right gear to go with your gun.First is a good holster. Obviously. That's a subject that's been beaten to death here: having a good holster that fits you and your gun well is absolutely necessary. I like the hybrid leather/kydex style like what Alien Gear and CrossBreed make, and I made my own out of some leather I had and a kydex sheet I bought locally, and molded it to fit my Glock 19 equipped with a TLR 3. I also ordered a set of standard clips from Alien Gear since all the shops around me only carry metal clips that have sharp corners and put holes in my shirts.The second piece of gear I think is an absolute necessity is a proper carry belt. This is one I finally discovered for myself. I had heard that a good carry belt made all the difference in the world, but I didn't really believe it. After all, I never had any problems with my old floppy leather belt. But I did notice that every time I stood up, I'd have to readjust my holster placement. And I felt like I had to cinch down my belt super tight to keep my gun from pulling my pants down. Then for graduation I got a Magpul Tejas belt and my entire universe changed. I didn't realize just how much a stiff belt would help not just with comfort, but concealment. After switching to the Tejas, I have never once felt like I was printing. And I don't think it's just in my head, I think the stiff belt is able to keep the gun tucked in closer to my body. This was a great discovery in time for summer when I wear light shorts and a thin T-shirt all the time.Anyway, just thought I'd add another $0.02 to the pot here. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/29cxNRT

No comments:

Post a Comment