Friday, June 17, 2016

Michigan resident w/PTSD/Anxiety/Meds. CPL?


I apologize if this has been answered already, I searched the forums but couldn't find anything. Most of my google searches referred to the old gun board days that ended last year in the state.Diagnosed with PTSD by the VA and prescribed mental heath medication. Responsible gun owner and hunter. Not crazy, lost friends in war, involved in some serious gun fights, and basically just never recovered/forgot. Nightmares, memories, etc.. No crazy flashbacks like randomly taking cover like you see in movies. Was never told by the VA or received any legal statements that state cannot have a CPL or own a firearm, bought a few after diagnoses with no issues. I know this used to be a disqualification, but the wording on the new application states "13. Not have a diagnosed mental illness at the time the application is made that includes an assessment that the individual presents a danger to himself or herself or to another, regardless of whether he or she is receiving treatment for that illness."Never had an assessment that states this.Or are there other things I'm missing that aren't stated in the application, or things that are brought up afterwards that would be disqualifying? (concerning mental heath issues).I called a few CPL instructors in my area, no one had an answer to this.Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/1ructxf

No comments:

Post a Comment