Friday, August 6, 2021

Late night banging on door and windows, was my response appropriate?


Late night last week at about 2am I heard a banging at the door that woke me up, then a banging on the front window, then the door, then the doorbell, then banging at the door again. I get up peak through a crack in the blinds. I see nothing. More banging. I get my firearm from the safe and put it in my pocket.Go to the door. And then I hear “Hello police! Open up.”I look out the window and see a police patch on a shirt. Seemed legit. Put the gun back in the safe and opened the door.He said, your car’s dome light is on. I don’t want your battery to die. Just checking on things, there’s been break ins in the area. Making sure your car and you are okay.I was confused, thankful, and confused. It’s 2am. I said thank you, I’ll grab my keys to check it out, he said have a good night, and went on his way. The cop car was parked down the street, so that checked out.Was my response appropriate? Should I have done anything different?My SO was suspicious, what if they were people pretending to be an officer to see who’s home and where to rob. Everything seemed okay. What would you do? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3lzNlp3

No comments:

Post a Comment