Saturday, August 28, 2021

I Fucked-Up (Rust EVERYWHERE)


TL;DR Clean your EDCBought my first & only pistol (P365XL) a year ago, after passing my state’s CCW test.Because ammo prices have been crazy, I haven’t shot it much since. But I have been carrying.Even worse — I haven’t cleaned it. Not once. Zero.Today, I decide to practice dry-fire. Unholster the pistol, drop the mag, rack the slide, rack the sl- what the hell? It’s stuck! With a live round in the chamber!Turns out the slide was stuck because my chamber is COATED in rust. The bullet was almost glued inside the chamber & the extractor was locked around the bullet, locking the slide shut.With a little force (and mindful trigger avoidance) I got the slide open & saw the problem… here’s an album of my gross negligence, if you care to see. Rust everywhere.I knew there was some rust on my gun, because the front sight has been gunked-up for a while. But I put off treating it because… I don’t know? I didn’t think it would pollute my internals or spread like leprosy.Well, now I know. Give me 50 lashes for incompetence & shackle me in the idiot pole for a month.That being said, here’s my plan. I’m going to the hardware store today. I’m buying #0000 steel wool & oil. If that doesn’t work, then maybe I’ll try the cola cleanse?If y’all have a better suggestion, please let me know! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3BnAYRk

No comments:

Post a Comment