Thursday, August 26, 2021

What would you do... /would this be a theoretical good shoot?


This happened to my mother (69, somewhat unstable on her feet) the other day. This is in her words the events (I took the liberty of removing Doxxable info).Had a scary experience walking "R" (small family dog). My phone had died so this was the one time I didn't have my phone with me. A big dog (GS or Maloix?) came out of [local public, open field park near house] as we were turning onto [...] Avenue and came at us. Wearing a collar and not aggressive to me, but skittish, and started nipping at R, who tried to get away, so I unhooked R's leash so she could run away. But R just kept trying to hide behind me while this other dog kept nipping her (R squealed in pain each time). I managed to get a phone # on the dog's collar and picked up R and tried to get away. A public works guy called the # and a girl said it's not her dog but she'll come get it. In the meantime I called out to a police officer at [nearby intersection] and he ambled over and then called animal control....all the while this dog is leaping up trying to get to R in my arms, so I couldn't run away, but the officer left me there and went back to the rotary, even tho this dog is jumping at me and nipping R. Finally a car comes and a man and woman get out and try to call the dog but both denied it was theirs (one said it's his neighbor's, another said her ex-boyfriend's. Then the guy started to holler 'fuckin' bitch for calling the cops' at me. All the while this dog is continuing to circle back and lunge at R in my arms. We finally got away and went home but R and I are both shaken up. This is why I shouldn't carry a gun. I would have shot that dog, and some neighbor's RING doorbell cam would have shown that the dog was really attacking R, not me.I told my mom that there is a different standard of force when it comes to animals as opposed to people. She was worried she could still be charged with discharge of a firearm, animal cruelty, etcI told her she should consider filing a police report but she told me that the last time she had an issue with an aggressive dog (that resulted in injury and damage) the local police refused to file a report.She said she didn't think she would have been able to effectively deploy a chemical deterrent in this situation. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3kpU5Dz

No comments:

Post a Comment