Monday, August 30, 2021

When carrying a gun escalates a fight?


I am trying to decide whether to conceal carry. Here's one of the things I struggle with: suppose I am carrying, and get into a physical altercation that doesn't involve a deadly threat, like some guy trying to beat me up. If he notices the gun on my belt when we are wrestling or whatever, doesn't this massively up the intensity of the encounter? He's going to think he needs to get the gun and kill me before I kill him, and I'm going to be thinking that I need to kill him before he takes my gun. An encounter that was nowhere near the deadly level is now deadly, and if I kill him out of fear that he's going to grab my gun, my life turns into a legal hell.It almost seems like this kind of situation would be more common than a situation where you face a deadly threat, and your firearms ends up being your only way out, and you're glad you're carrying it. This kind of thing makes me hesitate to carry. Thoughts? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3zuWRxN

No comments:

Post a Comment