Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Where Do I Apply for my Ohio CHL?


I just turned 21 and I'm ready to apply for my Ohio CHL. However, I am in a major dilemma at the moment.Currently, I am living in Cincinnati in an apartment (I'm a student at UC), but my permanent home address is in Newark, Ohio. Apparently Ohio law dictates that a person must apply in their home county (Licking county for me) or adjacent county, meanwhile I am over here in Hamilton county. It's a 2 hour drive for me to get back home, which would be fine if I wasn't currently working a co-op that is a typical 8-5 job Monday through Friday.This basically only allows me to come home on weekends, and really only for Saturday and part of Sunday since I don't get home until late Friday night and have to leave around midday on Sunday. Naturally, all sheriff's offices only let you make appointments on weekdaysSo the way I see it, I really only have one option. This would be to tell my boss I can't work whatever day that I schedule my appointment on, then make the 2 hour drive just to make the appointment and then come right back for another 2 hours drive all for a 15-30 minute appointment.Is there any way I can apply in the county that I am currently living in (Hamilton)? I'll probably still need to tell my boss I can't work a day or at least tell him I'll have to leave early, but at least I wouldn't have to drive 4 hours in total just for this.I have an address here in Cincinnati (my apartment address). Does that count as being my "residing county"?Also I didn't realize appointments for this are scheduled out so far fml... via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3koz1xo

No comments:

Post a Comment