Tuesday, August 31, 2021

how important is it to practice with your carry ammo? is training with the same grain good enough?


So this might sound stupid but here's what I have in terms of hp ammo (all 9mm): ~200rds federal punch, ~100 rounds critical defense, and ~400 rounds mixed of HST 124, 124+p, and 147. HST is obviously the most recommended choice out of these. And whichever one I decide to carry I would shoot at least some of it at a range just to make sure it plays nice with my gun. But in terms of practicing, should I then only use range ammo that has the same grain? by far the most available 9mm ammo right now is 115g stuff, which only matches the critical defense. 124 is a lot less available and 147 is like non existent where I am.And say I decide I like the HST 124+p the best, what do I do with all the other stuff? Shooting it as practice seems like a waste. Holding onto it but never practicing with it also seems pointless. Or should I just not shoot any of it until prices/availability is better and I can decide which one I can source most easily. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3t0X3Co

No comments:

Post a Comment