Monday, February 22, 2021

MI CPL Requirements


Howdy all!A buddy of mine and I just completed our pistol safety course as required by MI state law before applying for a CPL. I was reading through the relevant state law governing CPL license applicants and came across something that is giving me pause before I go to apply. Here are the requirements:MI Concealed Pistol License RequirementsI'm specifically concerned about requirement 13:Not have a diagnosed mental illness at the time the application is made that includes an assessment that the individual presents a danger to himself or herself or to another, regardless of whether he or she is receiving treatment for that illness.13-ish years ago I was diagnosed with ADD during my freshman year of college and was given a prescription for Adderall. Years prior, I had been diagnosed as a child with ADHD. I have not needed medication for well over a decade now, and nothing I now experience comes remotely close to holding me back in my career, personal interactions, etc.Will this be a problem for my CPL application? Is there a list somewhere of exclusionary mental illnesses? The intent of the law seems to refer to much more severe issues, but I want to be sure before I choose "no" on the application. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3qL14Jc

No comments:

Post a Comment