Monday, February 22, 2021

Scary situation while driving for Uber in Texas.


A few weeks ago, I was driving for Uber in my college town. I have my concealed carry license in Texas, and I was carrying a concealed firearm at the time.I accepted a ride requiring me to pick the passenger up at a local club at 2:30 AM. As I approach the club parking lot in my vehicle, I see a group of people standing outside the club. I drive next to them and I say “did any of you guys order an Uber?”Two males walk up to my car, and one yells “what the fuck did you just say to me?” I respond “I just asked if you ordered an Uber.”At this point, they are both inches away from my open window. After my response, they start screaming at me “get the fuck out of the car, get the fuck out of the car”.I was legitimately in fear for my life. I thought they were going to attempt to open my car door and drag me out of the car. For clarification, I don’t believe they touched my car.In fear for my life, I accelerated quickly away from the two males. I travel about 50 yards down the parking lot, still in visual distance of the males, and stop to collect myself. In my rear view mirror, I see them running towards my car, so I leave the scene and call 911.For clarification, I did not verbally provoke them or draw my firearm. To be honest, it didn’t even cross my mind, and they were too close to me for me to successfully draw and fire anyway.I don’t think deadly force is justified in this scenario, but I’m interested to hear what y’all’s opinions are.EDIT: I carry a Sig p365 AIWB. I also had pepper spray and a bright ass flashlight available, but my gut instinct told me to get the fuck out of there asap. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2OStuTx

No comments:

Post a Comment