Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Thoughts/opinions/advice on infinitely delayed NICS???


I have purchased multiple firearms and every single time my background check is delayed. I’ve always just taken delivery of the weapon after the three business days or whatever without putting much thought into it. However, I just purchased a gun from Cabela’s to find out that they won’t deliver the gun to me until they absolutely get a proceed from NICS. This is frustrating to me because they are adamant about this and refuse to transfer the gun to another FFL. And it’s a gun that I really really want and it’s nearly impossible to find it anywhere else in stock. I called the LGS I purchased a gun from nearly a month ago and he told me my background check is in fact still open. He said he’s seen this before where people’s nics just stay open forever and basically told me if it doesn’t clear it’s probably not possible for me to buy a gun this way from Cabela’s. I don’t have the cleanest record but I have no felonies and I’m 100% sure I can legally purchase a firearm based on the criteria. I’m not sure why my NICS will seemingly never come back and it seems like a total crapshoot to try to file forms or whatever bullshit I have to do to get any answers from the fbi. Does anyone have experience with this or have any advice???I can take a CCW class on March 3rd and I’m probably going to do it because Cabela’s WILL accept CCW in place of NICS. Which is stupid. I hate them. Roughly how long after taking the class will I have CCW paperwork in hand? I live in Ohio btw. I have already paid for the firearm from Cabela’s in full, they just won’t let me have it. I guess the NICS has bought me 30 days and I imagine I could make them run it again instead of accepting a refund if it takes longer than that to obtain my CCW. I really want this gun. Cabela’s is annoying via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3kqgY9x

No comments:

Post a Comment