Friday, February 1, 2019

Low caliber self defense ammo


Please don't downvote me... I recently got a good deal on a 25 caliber mouse gun which I'm thinking about using as my car gun since I don't always have my primary larger caliber CCW on me, and I want something small that will always be in my car.What are your thoughts on FMJ rather than JHP ammo for lower calibre self defense ammo? My thought is that since lower calibers aren't known to hit with enough velocity for JHP expansion, lower velocity (grain) FMJ would be better since they'll enter and tumble around, causing more internal damage and thus result in more stopping power against the threat.A friend said that lower caliber JHP won't even penetrate thick clothing and I'm better off with FMJ for self defense.What are some other opinions, I want to make the responsible choice for self defense ammo in this gun.TIA, carry on. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2G86lHc

No comments:

Post a Comment