Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Carry System Update


So, a few months ago I posted here asking suggestions and thoughts on a classic/cold war carry weapon. Here is my update if anyone is interested.I have since purchased a few items:Beretta 92FS Remington R1 GI 1911 Series 80 2xSmith and Wesson Model 36I enjoy carrying my beretta based on its magazine capacity, I dont mind the weight, but god damn is it long. I almost cant carry it in the small of my back because of the barrel length, and 5 oclock or appendix iwb because of the girth. I rock it with 2 extra mags under a jacket or hoodie. my concern here is that, as comfortable as it is OWB in the winter, summer is around the corner here in GA and OWB wont fly with concealment for me.Here comes in the 1911, this thing is heavy as all hell but I shoot it just a tad better than the M9. It is much more thin, this easier to carry IWB at my 5 oclock. I also run it with 2 spare magazines. This one I carry the least based on the weight, but in the summer it should help a bit. Only time will tell.This is where my Model 36 “Chief Special” comes in. I have one collectors and one to carry. BY FAR is this the most comfortable carry that I have had. It is a snub revolver, duh. However, the only crippling thing is my reloads with speed strips, atrocious. I am fine with the capacity of 5, and a strip can just slip into my pocket easy. I am handy with a speed loader, but that defeats the purpose of the low profile carry as I would need a pouch for it.Any feedback or thoughts are appreciated, lets start a cold war carry gun discussion!TLDR: Beretta good for winter, Model 36 good for summer, practice reloads. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Tkdfzi

No comments:

Post a Comment