Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Trusting your gut and situational awareness [Discussion]


Let me start by saying where I live you don't need a permit to carry open or otherwise. I haven't yet taken the classes I want to nor do I have a daily carry holster yet, only a versa element IWB. That said I did pick up a P10C a while back for the purposes of carrying it. Now onto the story...A couple of weeks back I was leaving my house to get dinner and instantly felt like something was wrong. There was a feeling in the air of malice and ill intent. All I knew was that something didn't feel right and I was worried, one of those feelings you can't shake. After I put the kids to bed I had to go out to the barn a few miles away to feed the horses. I almost grabbed my holster and gun but decided not to just in case I get pulled over or something. Stepping out of the house really made me want to go back inside and clip the holster on. I couldn't shake the feeling for the rest of the night that something being wrong. To the point where I slept with my pistol loaded and ready to go in my night stand when it normally lives in the safe.Why am I going through all of this and putting it all out there? Turns out about 2.5 hours after I got home and secured the house not even 1/2 a mile away a man was murdered at a school in my neighborhood. When I woke up and the rest of the week even now I haven't felt that dread at all.My wife and I have struggled to trust our gut, and several times we've ignored a bad feeling and it's turned out not great for us. I feel like this is something that needs to be discussed more as humans as a species can pick up on a hell of a lot more than you generally are aware of. While I'm very glad I didn't get into a bad situation my gut told me it was quite possible. Trusting your gut is in my mind one of the most important things when CCW right up there with practice. Situational awareness is great but don't forget to listen to what your body is telling you as it may pick up on something you never would have seen otherwise. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Vpl0kS

No comments:

Post a Comment