Tuesday, February 26, 2019

I guess this is one of those situations that everyone hopes never happens, but I was glad to be prepared.


I don't know whether personal anecdotes are welcome here, but bong story short, my dog and I were attacked by 2 large pit bulls in my driveway yesterday. I was bitten on the arm and my dog got beat up too, but thankfully no serious injuries to either of us. Unfortunately, one of the attacking dogs didn't make it.​I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but I credit training and building muscle memory to saving me and my dog from a mauling. Looking back on it I can see that a lot happened in about 10 seconds, but having certain things already drilled into my head (a clean draw, muzzle awareness, trigger control, observing around and beyond the target, protecting my firing hand and arm, etc.) meant that I could dedicate my brain to decision making (the legality and morality of shooting, shot placement, being ready for follow-up action, etc.).​The takeaway for me was the importance of training. You can never train enough. Stay safe out there! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2GKrNCt

No comments:

Post a Comment