Sunday, February 24, 2019

Road rage that led to a man pointing a gun at me


Now that the dust has settled and police reports are filed, heading to dinner with a friend I was cut off badly by a silver Buick LaCrosse. Not a big deal, but he did get really close to my front bumper and I thought I was hit. Man immediately pulled over and I assumed he wanted to check for damage or apologize, so I follow him into a Wendy’s parking lot. I pull up about 15 feet behind him and roll my windows down. He jumps out and starts screaming from by his driver door. (At this point I am thinking about how my weapon is directly by my hip, behind a shirt and a seat belt. I’ve never practiced a situation like this and really don’t know what to do). I say “hey I thought you hit my car” and he turns and pulls a holstered glock 19 from under his seat, draws, and starts beginning to aim at me through my windshield. I immediately scramble to put my car in reverse and floor it into the road behind me and pull off into a parking lot around the corner. During this he gets back in his car and drives off. I end up calling the police and filing a report.I’d like to know if I did the right thing. None of things I did were thought out or calculated, I just went with instinct and ended up avoiding shots fired; however this man could have easily fired 3 shots before I was out of his line of sight. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ThQpbu

No comments:

Post a Comment