Friday, February 1, 2019

For those of you carrying hammer fired sidearms....


Hello all! I hate to sound ignorant, so I wanted to gauge an audience that would have valid input.Since the inception of my carry permit, I’ve always carried striker-fired, non external safety (minus trigger lock) firearms (glock 17, 19, 43, Sig p320, etc etc). Reason being, I’ve heard under duress that fine motor skills go out the window and you’re left with gross movements; ie thumb safety and what not. So firearms such as glock tend to be better. Lastly, the time of trigger pull to bullet leaving the barrel tend to be longer on hammer fired weapons. Albeit it’s minute, seconds always matter.I recently bought a Kimber Custom II to carry and I love the look. Granted it’s a very tightly made gun and some features are harder to manipulate, that’s neither here nor there.So my question is, for those that carry hammer fired (or those that interchange types), what is it like? Taking it to the range and practicing, do you notice a timing difference? Is it harder to manipulate multiple safeties under stress? Lastly, what is it like to carry with the hammer back?I’m sorry for the long winded post, but thank you for your answers! via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2HIgIDf

No comments:

Post a Comment