Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Best 10mm ammo that doesn’t overpenetrate?


Primarily I will only carry my 10mm when I’m out in the woods, where it’ll be loaded with underwood for maximum penetrationBut if for some reason I decided to carry it around town one day, I would want some ammo that expands a lot more and doesn’t punch right through ideally. But I also don’t want FBI lite loads because then the 10mm pretty much goes to waste. I’ve looked at some online tests but nothing has convinced me to buy any particular ammo yet.Does anyone have any suggestions for the best load to achieve optimal penetration (but not too much), WHILE STILL TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE CARTRIDGE?I was looking at Sig Vcrown 180gr JHP which is pretty hot stuff, and maybe Winchester Silvertips (although they are a bit on the weak side)Hornady’s critical duty seems to be loaded pretty weak as well, but might be another option via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2HVizVl

No comments:

Post a Comment