Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Looking to get a micro 380 pistol... Any Advice?


So I have been looking to get a small 380 for pocket / ankle carry as a possible back up for my current carry gun a XDs 9mm. and something that is super comfortable to carry. My wife already has a 380 Walther PPK (S&W contract) so I already have a stock pile of 380 ammo.I am leaning toward the Ruger LCP 2 but I have some concerns in my research. This is what I have so far as pros and consLCP 2ProsIn my budget $250-$300Nice trigger and resetRuger legendary customer service many myself consider second to nonelast round hold openmagazines are affordable.consI have seen videos of people having trouble extracting live un-fired rounds and them getting stuck in the ejection port because it is to small. Basically if you have a dead round and have to tap rack bang the gun will jam.lack of a firing pin block safety and rumors that Ruger themselves suggest / claim to NOT carry with a round chambered which is a deal killer for me.I have seen videos of problems with failures to extract but also videos and comments of the ruger lcp2 going thousands of rounds with out issue..I would love any input from LCP 2 owners and maybe any other suggestions for a Micro 380 pistolMy requirementsMust be $300 or under, must lock open on last round, must be safe to carry with a round chambered, must be smaller than a glock 42, prefer no manual safety but may allow it depending on deisgn. Must have a reputation of being reliable with a company that will stand behind it. Prefer a trigger that doesn't suck but would be open to the idea of getting a double action only. Similar battery of arms of my 9mm XDs so micro 1911 style is out.I did research on the S&W bodyguard 380 and have seen / watched several reports of failure to fire / light primer strikes so that one is out.my 2nd pick right now is the Kahr cw380 some say it has reliability issues and even the manufacture says it has a 200 round break in period. Honestly I do not know much about this gun as I didn't spot any at the local gun shops.Please any advice or input you guys have from your experience would be great. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2P1af9G

No comments:

Post a Comment