Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Almost a DGU (against an animal)


I came close to using my weapon yesterday and am interested in your thoughts. I was watching my five year old play in the backyard yesterday afternoon when a large deer jumps my (six foot privacy) fence. The deer was clearly wounded. When I saw my son standing in an enclosed area with a wounded animal I grabbed my bed side gun (which was only two steps away) and ran outside. My son ran to me and the deer made a hard right and tried to jump back over the fence. He barely cleared it (hitting his legs) and took off. Did I overreact? Also, how much does one think about backstops in a defensive situation? If that deer had used hooves or antlers on my son then I would have shot it without hesitation. However, the bullet could easily have gone into a neighbor’s house. Note - hunting season does not start for three days so this was not a “free dinner” situation. :-) via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2SvRWrd

No comments:

Post a Comment