Sunday, October 28, 2018

Grew up playing soccer and can comfortably kick high, hard, fast and accurate. Is it unrealistic to rely on this?

I always thought that if I had to fight I could try to keep distance and then just throw a kick, and if it lands that should be it.

But I read that you shouldn't use kicks in a fight unless you're a trained fighter, as it can easily backfire if you don't set it up right. But kicks are all I know how to do...

I'm skinny, 178 cm. I can easily roundhouse any static object I want with way more force than I imagine would be needed to end a fight. And unless the opponent is over 2 meters their jaw should be well in range. I can't know as I'm not a fighter, but I don't think I'm telegraphing the kicks either. I have pretty good coordination/balance and movement over all.

What should I do to have a shot in a fight? Practice some muay thai/kickboxing setups and stuff for the kicks or just forget about them?



Submitted October 28, 2018 at 04:04PM by Famous-Character https://ift.tt/2EQ96ND

No comments:

Post a Comment