Wednesday, October 31, 2018

I want to buy either a HK VP9SK or a Micro 9mm -- help me think here?


Hi all,I have a full CCW setup already - a P80 Glock 19 IWB appendix carry. It's actually about the size of a Glock 17 with the comp, and it's decently comfortable and fine for normal walks and doesn't print. etc. Long sessions of sitting down at places is workable but meh I wouldn't want to do it all day. I wish to make a more comfy setup for outdoor activities such as hiking or disc golf - something that might not touch my leg as much when moving.So therefore, with some new disposable income I was wanting something smaller with a laser for something I could throw in my pocket hopefully. I have experience with the Sig P290rs and the Sig P938 but I sold those (also I don't feel like supporting sig with this new purchase at the moment due to their P365 quality control fiasco and denial). I was looking for something even smaller and lighter so I have been looking at getting the Kel-Tec PF-9 (I like what this guy did - by the way, lol @ 0:34) for cheap then swapping out the trigger to make it a bit better. It's extremely light weight and thin which is good, but a bit of a cringe in terms of reliability if you don't watch it closely for bad signs (good news is lifetime warranty). I know this sounds a bit strange as I just highlighted my use case for micro 9mm, but after reading about fragility issues with certain Micro 9s (and crappy triggers) I keep thinking screw it, get the VP9SK with a laser - I'm a big sucker for triggers that feel amazing and I've shot it before with a buddy, noticing how comfortable and smooth it is to shoot. Is there any conceivable chance I could make the VP9SK a fat pocket setup or am I dreaming? It's just barely bigger than the Glock 26...I'm basically in a stage of cognitive dissonance. I want a VP9SK badly but I feel like my P80 overlaps its use case, and I want a smaller pistol again. I might be able to make the right micro 9mm work but I know the VP9SK would be much better in terms of performance. What do you guys think? If you had a bigger Glock 17 sized setup for the norm, what would you supplement with as a smaller CCW pistol?tl;drYou already have a normal appendix setup, G17 size. For even comfier outdoor stuff (long walks, hikes, etc.) Would you want something like a VP9SK/Glock 26 or micro 9mm? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Ju8wDE

No comments:

Post a Comment