Friday, October 26, 2018

Can you escalate force to escape a stalemate?


Obviously you want to de-escalate, but I'm imagining a scenario and reading my state laws hasn't helped much.Say I'm attacked by an unarmed person. And I defend myself with proportionate force; i.e my bare hands. But what if I can't fight them off and they continue pressing the attack, and I can't fight back hard enough to get them to leave, or maybe I can't run away without leaving myself open to further attack?This sounds like a good scenario for OC spray, possibly? Is there ever a situation where you could ever escalate to deadly force? If your attacker maybe isn't using deadly force but won't give up in response to proportionate force. Typically escalating from unarmed to deadly force is a no-go, but I wouldn't think I'm obligated to remain in a fist fight if they won't leave me alone and I can't safely just retreat either?Hopefully that make sense? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Pu5h4y

No comments:

Post a Comment