Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Looking for a concealable, but range-worthy first gun


I've got another 4 weeks or so to wait for my permit and am having a lot of trouble picking a gun.I'm pretty newish to guns. I've only been to the range a couple of times but so far really like shooting as a sport. However I'm also interested in concealed carrying as a form of protection, which leads me to a difficult decision on what gun to buy.From now until I graduate next year, I'm pretty limited in terms of money. I'm trying to keep < $400 (looking mostly at used guns) to leave money for ammo and range time.I went to a shop to handle some firearms and haven't really been able to narrow things down much. I know I want a 9mm, but the decision between a single stack carry gun, and a compact double stack is difficult. I feel that because of the way I dress, a double stack 9mm (Glock 19, Ruger Security 9) might be too large. Yet a single stack might be too small and form some bad habits (or so I was told at the gun shop).Is there a gun that covers the middle ground here?I should also mention that the state I live in isn't very gun-friendly, which makes it difficult to try different things out. Every place requires a permit to rent, and it of course costs money to buy the range's overpriced ammo. I'd like to have a good idea of what I want before going.Edit: Oh any I'd like to point out that the benefit of going to a double stack is pretty small for me, since we're gimped to 10 round magazines. via /r/CCW https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/9ktyy1/looking_for_a_concealable_but_rangeworthy_first/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment