Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Live in MN USA, wondering about the legality of keeping a vicious dog in a VERY well fenced area as yard security.

There is a big problem with trespassing and property damage in my town and police don’t respond in time to stop it. They do their best but they have a LOT on their plate with all the drug problems and domestic violence calls that are around so lite property damage takes a back seat. I can’t afford to leave anything worth anything in my yard or garage despite a massive security fence. My neighbors have a guard dog that has kept them and their property safe for years. My SO and I are considering getting a large loud dog to train for protection. But, even with dozens of signs posted on fences, I’m still worried about what will happen to US legally if such a dog performs his duty. Are we likely to get in trouble for our dog mauling a would-be burglar? Mostly, I’m concerned with creating a dog monster than then has to be put down just for doing what we got him for. I don’t want to harm an innocent animal just doing his job.



Submitted October 23, 2018 at 11:16AM by velesi https://ift.tt/2NYLtld

No comments:

Post a Comment