Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Inter-State Travel, from MO to IN, Asking for Advice.


I currently live in Missouri, and I'm starting a new job in Indiana in the next couple of weeks. I've carried in MO very consistently for well over a year with no problem. Mostly concealed, very rarely open. I'm familiar with the laws here, and I've done some research on inter-state carrying and the laws in Indiana, but I'm always looking for guidance.My most pressing concern is that I'm going from a very welcoming environment (firearm retail) to an incredibly intolerant environment where I'll be completely unable to carry while working. I'm looking into car safes so that I can store it while I'm working, home safes because I'm going from living alone to with a roommate, and basically anything to help me keep my tools secured, and transported legally.Another worry I've got is that I'm traveling through Illinois, which I've heard can be a problematic area for firearms in general.​My biggest questions are;Should I get an Indiana CCW although I already have one in Missouri?What small vehicle / home safes would you recommend?How should I carry my firearm in my car while going over state lines?Should I avoid Illinois entirely and drive around?​I greatly appreciate any and all words of wisdom you can offer me. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ytnSUO

No comments:

Post a Comment