Monday, October 22, 2018

I have stopped carrying, but do I have an obligation to forfeit my permit and return it to my sheriff?


Hello r/ccwI've been dealing with some stuff lately. I don't want to get into details, but I have recently been diagnosed with "Major Depressive Disorder and Single Issue Anxiety." I knew before my diagnosis, so I stopped carrying a few months ago. Now, I'm seeing a psychiatrist and will be taking medication while I go through therapy and treatment.Do I have an obligation to forfeit my permit? Or is just refusing to carry sufficient? I tried doing some research (I'm in Orange County, CA) and I can't find anything on the Sheriff's website that says I need to forfeit it, but there are plenty of clauses that say I can't carry while taking prescription medication. So I'm clear there...I don't know. Maybe just looking for advice. What would you do in my shoes? This is definitely not something I want to do, but for some reason I feel like I should...​edit: might be relevant to include that my permit is expiring in like 4 months, and I'm not seeking renewal (I'm moving) and the treatment plan that was laid out by the doctors is longer than 4 months. I wont be carrying again with this permit. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2CyemCx

No comments:

Post a Comment